Endodontics Services Near You
Endodontists specialize in treating the dental pulp, the inner layer of your teeth that nourishes each tooth through nerves and blood vessels. Inflammation and infection around or inside your teeth can cause severe pain. If you are experiencing this, our Prince Albert endodontist can help determine what is affecting your tooth and suggest possible treatments.
Our Prince Albert dental clinic strives to provide its patients with the best solutions for their dental health, so we offer endodontics services near you. Endodontics focuses on the nerves of your teeth and the surrounding tissues of the roots, usually treating people with facial and oral pain. When it comes to damaged teeth, the most important thing is to receive immediate attention to help ensure the best outcome, such as saving the affected tooth.
When is Endodontics Recommended at Our Prince Albert Dental Clinic?
If you are experiencing extremely swollen or infected gums, it can be possible that you are facing a problem with your dental pulp. The pulp, or the inner layer of your tooth, contains blood vessels, connective tissues, and nerves to support and feed your teeth to ensure they are healthy and strong. Teeth cannot last long if the pulp is injured, infected or damaged, as this is the central system of a healthy smile. Receiving endodontics in Prince Albert involves a consultation to examine the situation well and provide possible treatment options based on your case.
Common Endodontic Treatments:
- Root Canals – a root canal is a space inside your teeth. If a dentist near you performs this treatment to save your tooth, they will thoroughly clean each root canal from any infection, fill in the space and cement it for strong functionality; a crown will then be placed over it to maintain the look of an aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Dental Implants – are usually recommended for patients who have a knocked-out tooth. A titanium dental implant is the best treatment for a strong and healthy smile.
- Traumatic Dental Injuries – if you experience an accident leading to a cracked or knocked-out tooth, a root canal treatment can save it from decay and trauma.
- Endodontic Retreatment – After endodontic treatment, it is possible that your roots do not fully heal for various reasons. If this is the case, a dentist near you will perform endodontic retreatment, following the same root canal procedure to clean the roots and seal them with filling to save your natural tooth.
- Other Endodontic Procedures – a dentist can perform other endodontic procedures, such as pulp capping or extractions, depending on the health and state of the tooth.
How Do You Know When To Visit An Endodontist Near You?
The most common symptoms of an infected or damaged dental pulp are extreme ongoing pain, tooth discoloration, sensitivity to cold and hot temperatures, and inflammation. If you or a family member is experiencing the symptoms listed above, visit our dental clinic in Prince Albert to evaluate your oral health and save your teeth.
Dental infections can lead to dental decay, often for people not treated sooner for endodontic dental issues. A good oral hygiene routine and regular dental checkups are the best preventative measures to avoid infected teeth.
If you have questions about endodontic treatments, call our Prince Albert dental clinic to book an appointment today!