Many people have this dream of having a million-dollar smile that they can flash. The real deal is that you always need a little help to get it. Getting porcelain veneers in Prince Albert can assist you with that, along with other problems related to teeth aesthetics.
But, what exactly are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are super thin, porcelain and shell-like layers that are typically adhered to the front of your teeth to eliminate small imperfections in your smile. And even though porcelain veneers can’t replace missing dental pieces or help fix severe issues, they are an outstanding way to conceal an array of dental imperfections. Some of these are crowded teeth, chipped teeth, stained or discoloured teeth, gaps between your teeth, misaligned or misshapen teeth, and over or undersized teeth.
Another advantage of getting porcelain veneers lies in the fact that they help strengthen your natural teeth. Additionally, they help you have better oral hygiene all around. When you visit a dentist in Prince Albert, make sure they provide you with a mouthguard to wear at night and protect your teeth from damage.
Now, how does the veneer procedure work?
Porcelain veneer treatment usually will require you to pay around two or three visits to your dental office. The appointments will likely be carried out as follows:
- Initial checkup – The process starts by having an open and precise conversation with your dentist about your goals when it comes to your smile. You must take an active role in assessing your smile and communicating your needs. In doing so, you will help them make the procedure the success you want it to be.
- Preparation session – To make room for the additional thickness of the veneer, a thin layer of enamel must first be removed, but it is usually so little, that it won’t exceed a millimetre. Next, your dentist in Prince Albert will record an impression of your teeth to create a mould. The mould will then be sent to a dental laboratory, where veneers will be made to perfectly fit your teeth.
- Placement – During the placement process, your dentist will first thoroughly clean, polish and etch all of the teeth that will be subject to the procedure to prepare them for attachment. Once the aforementioned process is done, the veneers will then be carefully placed on the tooth and securely attached using a special cement and curing light that allows the cement to harden quickly.
What are some of the benefits of porcelain veneers?
Apart from helping you achieve the gorgeous smile you have always wanted, veneers don’t only bring one benefit into your life. You can enjoy the following major benefits of dental veneers when you visit a dentist near you:
- Immediate results –With porcelain veneers, there is no recovery time, which means you can return to your daily routine right after the procedure. The only aftercare that is needed after the procedure is maintaining proper dental hygiene.
- Admirable appearance – Veneers blend seamlessly with your teeth, which gives a natural look.
- Brighter smile – Porcelain veneers are less susceptible to stains from drinks or other foods than natural teeth.
- Long-term solution – With proper care, your new smile can last anywhere between 7 to 15 years.
So, whatever the special occasion is, you can smile with confidence after the procedure for porcelain veneers. Take the first step on your path to a beautiful smile today by talking with a dentist about porcelain veneers.